Emergency Flood Damage Rehabilitation and Empowerment for Flood Victims in Sylhet Region
RENOVATION OF LIFE …..
The project aims-
- to rebuild the 1000 houses over a year that are completely damaged
- to empower 2000 people by providing support for agriculture, fisheries, poultry farming, and local grocery business.
Flash floods caused by prolonged heavy rains in the Sylhet area killed 41 adults and children, expelled thousands of families, and adversely affected millions of people. Many families have lost their homes, belongings, and livelihoods. MASTUL has launched a project to immediately repair flood damage in various aspects for flood victims in the Sylhet region. We, MASTUL have already begun working on this vision by documenting our primary data so that we can take action as soon as possible. We are doing this to renew the lives of flood-affected people and rebuild the floodplains of Sylhet at a new stage of sustainability.
A week of continuous rain caused a devastating flood in the Northern part of Sylhet Division. on May 11, 2022. According to the latest records, 41 adults and children were killed, 1 million homes were completely destroyed and 5 million were severely affected by the flood. Many people are working on their urgent needs, but it can’t get them back on track. Families who have lost their homes are poor because their homes are not properly built. The project will empower 2000 people, and rebuild 1000 completely damaged homes destroyed by the floods in the Sylhet area. There are also plans to raise awareness about the importance of disaster management and restoring the damaged social resources and how to act at the emergence of such flood disasters. So, Sylhet will be able to prevent such disruption and will not be a victim of floods in the future.
- Achieving ‘SDG-Goal 1-No Poverty’ & ‘SDG-Goal 8-Decent Work and Economic Growth soon by making self-reliant and empowering vulnerable communities.
- Achieve ‘SDG-Goal 2- Zero Hunger’: through economic solvency
- Assure ‘SDG-Goal 5: Gender Equalities’ by creating equal opportunity at work
- gaining ‘SDG-Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities’ by revitalizing and enhancing socio-economic development and the environment
- Assure ‘SDG-Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities by renovating homes appropriately.
|Beneficiaries type||kind of Benefits|
|Direct Beneficiaries (Individual)||– Can get rehabilitated and properly accommodation|
– Can get a chance to be self-reliant and empowered
– get rid of poverty and indecent lifestyle
– can do entrepreneur activities also
– can get socio-economical securities in various ways
– can be adaptable in Disaster Management
|Indirect Beneficiaries (Social and Regional)||– can get equally solvent with other society & Regions|
– can be economically recovered & Increase economic growth
– can be more developed & reduction of inequalities caused by these flood disaster
– socio-economic security of women
– reducing Environmental Pollution & become adaptable in Disaster Management
– reducing unemployment in the upcoming future
The MASTUL Team will participate in the entire campaign with a strategic plan and disciplined way to the flood-affected areas of the Sylhet region. The main activities will be conducted in Sunamganj District.
Your Donation has the power to transform lives, from sheltering those who have no home, to feeding families who have endured hunger for days on end. Please, donate your Zakat/Sadaqah where the need is greatest.
Once you have calculated your Zakat/Sadaqah, or you already know what your owed amount is, you can choose to make your donation through MASTUL Foundation. Doing so will support our appeals, helping thousands of innocent lives living in poverty around the Community.